OTTHUNDERDOME I : THE THUNDERVAULT - HOME OF THE GOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

seth's more realistic eval of python java and c++

2 posters

Go down

seth's more realistic eval of python java and c++ Empty seth's more realistic eval of python java and c++

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:15 pm

c++ isnt very bad you take the tradeoff of slightly slower (and with the potential for much shittier) code for object orientation and modern support/usage (microsoft c++ code is a nightmare though they have their own barbaric system of variable naming conventions that make the language even uglier)

java is even shittier in the memory and security department than someone exaggerating might describe it but its actually not very slow and its easy to set up projects in while maintaining a c-like syntax (why i made the lovebot and shit in it) - on the other hand its so fuckin fat that even the code looks fat when stuffed with 100,000 modifiers for every method, class, and eleventh derivative of a class

python is massively shitty but its actually interesting i had to use it today because i had to edit the source to some shit and the conventions are retarded yet modular - you can choose a more traditional route or a completely simplified route and anything inbetween and it all compiles correctly (print("fuck python"); and print "fuck python" both work interchangeably) and unlike java and c++ but like .NET it includes built-in libraries/'modules' that arent shitty object containment objects or nightmares like awt and consequently runs as slow as my weiner when a 629lb woman strolls by
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

money : 2147483634
bitches : -828
Humor : bench 420 squat 420 deadlift 420

Back to top Go down

seth's more realistic eval of python java and c++ Empty Re: seth's more realistic eval of python java and c++

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:17 pm

one of the big reasons lots of people are learning python in particular is because loads of 'teaching sources' are switching from c-languages to python
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

seth's more realistic eval of python java and c++ Empty Re: seth's more realistic eval of python java and c++

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:20 pm

benchmarks game shows the different tradeoffs between choosing languages (code size vs memory usage vs speed)
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:59 pm

im gonna try this maybe even though it doesn't have any return types (all methods are just 'function' which is retarded) just for funs
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD
UNSTOPPABLE

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:20 am

any progress on the toontown bullshit?
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14
SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14

money : 1020
bitches : -1931
Humor : ammy rustles my jimmies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum